PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Prince Harry....The Soldier!
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2013, 18:51
TT2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aye....

"In June 2003, he completed his education at Eton with two A-Levels[13] (achieving a grade B in art and D in Geography) having decided to drop history of art after AS level"

One would kind of think that a knowledge of geography would be of importance to a potential Army Officer - good grief, that's why his great granny made her fortune. She knew where places were (it's called an atlas).

In my days a 'D' was less than 50% - i.e. Fail. PPl's have to get 75% on the tests.

Jeez, 4 years at Eton and that's all he gets, bit expensive like, for no result.

In my day an art A level would not even have got you past the initial interview in the local recruitment office. You had to have maths and english + 3 others minimum.

Someone here called me 'Bitter' : What bollocks. I actually have quite a nice life - it is pleasant. I get to fiddle with aircraft and helos, get to wander around with no restrictions, have three extremely nice ladies who are pals to a point, and speak the lingo of bordering countries. (As well as this one). But not Khmer, don't know why. Lao is O.K., various dialects in Thai are O.K., Puu Tai (Isaan dialect) is O.K., Burmese is O.K.

One thing is, that I get to meet people from many AF's and Mil and have a laugh without wondering about property and pension deprecation in Blighty.

And wander off to a nice wee private beach anytime I want. Bitter?. Tee hee. No.

Crack on chaps...........enjoy the memories. The clock is ticking.

Last edited by TT2; 14th May 2013 at 18:57.