PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boring old fart question about RAF no 1 rank braid
Old 4th May 2013, 07:21
tmmorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P6 Driver, fair point but problem is as a VRT I don't work at my parent station and have a day job which means it's not usually possible to get to the incredibly short tailor's parade. So I am usually sending things via someone else with a message. Will try to get a message through to ask! Sounds like I will be getting the no. 1s retailored though.

Backed rank slides are now mandated for Plt and Fg Offs.

Will be interested if you get any recommendations for decent shirts to wear with no. 1s as the issue ones are dire.

Also does anyone know where I can get no. 8 shoulder boards in Sqn Ldr? Even Gieves don't have them on their website. I have a pair in Wg Cdr someone gave me but can't find a source of the incredibly skinny middle stripe braid anywhere to get them redone. I wonder if Gieves have the same problem as they only seem to have them with 'whole' numbers of rings. [Not exactly urgent but I did get invited recently to an event in Red Sea Rig and it would have been nice to be able to comply.]

Tim

Last edited by tmmorris; 4th May 2013 at 07:28.