PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC processing time?
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2013, 08:55
MartinCh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YPJT,

I had photo on my Czech or Slovak National Aeroclub/microlight for paragliding or AeCR ID. Those are since expired/unused. Those are LAA/national aeroclub so not 'full blood' CAA.
The PPL(A) from Argentina is plastic CC sized ID with picture. My US FAA commercial etc don't have photo, as the regs there state carrying govt issued photo ID alongside pilot licence, but heard some plans to implement pictures in near future.
I tacked full FAA IR(A) onto Arg PPL(A) validation, planned to knock off CPL(A) single engine, but ran out of time, being busy with instrument and instructing in R22. Now it seems I shouldn't bother with complex single in USA next time over, if I have inital CPL and FI done on twins, then can do SE CPL/FI add ons without complex time, haha. But thinking of 172rg or 182rg or C210 hours that'd be handy for some fun GA flying later on (jumper dropping). Or for familiarity if I'd do only SE CPL conversion in Australia later. Without time and Gr1/2 FI job with META, no point having twin CPL I guess. Especially as I want to instruct for sake of instructing, besides heli flying, if manageable. Will see.

So far I got 3 (different countries) passports, full UK driving licence with photo (coming to think of it, I can swap it for Aussie one no hassle), Arg PPL(A), but nothing worthy with Australian address on it, obviously. I can set up bank account from the UK, though. The only person I personally know, living in Australia (and not just knwing via internet) is a guy in Brisbane I met in Scotland in 2005/6, but would rather not bother him with some paperwork if I can manage myself.

Gotcha, regarding the ASIC. Thanks for the offer.
I find it inconsistent, that CoA doesn't need ASIC/security check, but Special PIlot LIcence DOES. Which is also validation of foreign papers, yet..