PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 2nd May 2013, 03:11
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serious questions. No humour, riddles or tautology.

Ok, my background is technical and safety, this crosses over into processes and procedures and regulatory and legislative requirements. However I do not have a legal background so my open and honest three questions are directed to those who do have specific tailored skills in the legal area.(Humility is not an issue for
me, unlike CAsA I am happy to accept/foster discussion and input on matters I am not fully equipped in). But before I get to that I have a question for Creampuff (or even Sunfish),as follows;

Creamy, Mate are you saying CAsA and ATSBeaker are victims of a rooted legal system? If so I guess we are screwed as how could we change the Australian legal framework? NZ regs work pretty well, aren't they part of the Westminster system as well? Excuse my naivety on higher level legal stuff, but I am trying to paint a clearer picture here, and I do not want to ask Sith Aleck or his Apprentice Anastasi for input as I would like a clear, precise, non fluffed non tautological answer that cuts to the chase.

My three questions are as follows;

Would the suite of regs and rules that are used in say NZ, the USA or Singapore work in Australia?

And,
If there are options out there that would work, exactly what is it that is holding us back? Is it our laws contained within our legal framework or CAsA incompetence?

And,
Is our legal system really all that bad or could the problem, dare I say the 'root cause' of our Regulatory issues be because a selected Lawyer in CAsA has chosen to play, for better words, 'god with the system' in CAsA for over 20 years, and that is the problem? You know, a sort of project, a toy, an experiment funded by the taxpayers?? Not an accusation, just a hypothetical question? Some people enjoy control, usually because they are henpecked, short and have very small genitalia, so perhaps that is a causal factor?

I am not intentionally wanting to drift, but for decades we have talked about how the regs are rooted, how other States have pretty workable systems, and how difficult it is for Australia to 'get it right'.
Hence my wanting to really drill down into what the core problem is, so we can fix it.
If we are dicking around because of the $250 million spent to date on a system that will never work then to that I say 'f#ck it', write it off and start afresh. The money is gone anyway, and besides, that is a drop in the ocean when you consider how much Labor have pissed away in 5 years.

Lets stop polishing the turd, 25 years later and not a spot of sheen to be found, it is still sh#t. Lets hire the Kiwis and fix the damn thing once and for all. New regs, new CAsA and a new ATSBeaker. The time has come to force change. Words are cheap. Lets get off the roundabout and take the first baby steps to fixing the problem. A decent Manager doesn't just throw down his fist and tell you what is f#cked, he provides a solution to the problem, sometimes several.

Lets roll up our sleeves and get our hands dirty. Dear Senators, you have our attention and support, lead the way........

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 2nd May 2013 at 03:39.