PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 25th Apr 2013, 09:05
GEB74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nigel - Re: VS LAS service. It's going seasonal apparently. Leisure fleet size is being reduced, things have got to give. Whether it really reappears next summer is debatable.....

Re: Etihad / Jet. In my recent experience, the route could do with some form of additional capacity. Last 2 legs, first flight 95% full, second flight 100% full throughout and there were a number of very unhappy involuntary offloads at checkin at AUH - not a common sight on a ME carrier who don't seem to me to overbook as aggressively as the US carriers and can usually find sufficient voluntary offloads when they need to.
Whether the route gets an equipment upgrade or an additional frequency in the future is an interesting question. Linked to this is whether Etihad would want to put an F equipped aircraft on the route in the future. Their A333's and A345's would actually be a cut in capacity due to configuration, the A346 does not provide much of a boost, but the 2 class B773ER would be a big hike in capacity. Interesting dilemma for them - maybe a frequency increase operated by Jet would be handy??