PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2013, 11:08
Scottish.CPL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi i had a read about this chap, looks and sound ok, i think what should be advised to him is that although i dont think that the authoirty would ever stop some form of colour vision testing, but to make it fair and related to the job.

first instance would be the pass standard for the ishishara test, we would probably find a hell of allot of pilots that manage to achieve the 13/15 standard and thats was really annoys me and others, the cad.... dont want to get started but CAA failed to do one thing, they tested me on the full 15 minutes, without advising me of the quick test, further more they advised that with my results 7.44 any other test on cad if they had to average the score they would use that result, now bearing in mind that i was told that any score below 7 would be challanged with a retest, there is no information relating to this either from city directly and certianlly regarding the point that results over 7 units will also be averaged out.

The whole system from the vision of the CAA is flawed with errors and people experiencing issues with it...

Also how come the CAA stated that only medicals couild be done at gatwick, and yet this is now being done at NATS in swanick, not just for ATCO!!!!