PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training Bonds - I need info for an article please.
Old 24th Apr 2013, 06:23
lederhosen

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Parabellum do you have any evidence for your assertion that this will not affect the insurer's approach. My understanding was that this is much more a bespoke market with negotiation involved. I would suggest that big companies based in Ireland and with a known track record get a different rate from people who keep damaging aircraft in the tropics.

Sources tell me that this has been a pretty good time with few big claims and that premiums are under pressure. So any ideas to get rates moving up are welcome. The really big claims are apparently not for aircraft loss but killing lots of litigious westerners. I think if the beancounters work out that P2F saves them less than the cost of the additional insurance then they will stop doing it.

I am in agreement that this is not the case yet. But I think it would be incredibly helpful if the insurers looked into this. I hope the unions will not just lobby the authorities as they are starting to do, but also the insurance companies.