PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 20th Apr 2013, 22:50
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CP# 1530 – Oh, I agree – What if the Senate Inquiry was seen as an independent audit, completed before the heavy mob bowl in for the real deal. You could have a great point to start an "in-house" clean up. By taking the Senate recommendations as positive and constructive, there is every chance to improve the CASA performance and image by demonstrating that the regulator is sincere in response. The Senate inquiry is a great chance for both the industry and it's regulator to have a honest look at the 'relationship'. The question is – will they??.

A bit of honest house keeping, some administrative and policy changes could demonstrate that 'things' are on the mend. Start with a review of those cases known to be "rotten"; independently, openly and taking the loss or win as it comes. Change the toxic CASA culture from the top down. We do have some excellent home grown product.

Safety cannot be prosecuted into industry, the use of administrative barratry (good one Sunny), fear, retribution and the very transparent, blatant misuse of the spirit and intent of regulation clearly provides no improved safety outcome – none whatsoever. Just sows the seeds of revolution or promotes an endless, clandestine battle between the warring parties. The police have this problem and it is insoluble due to the nature of the beast; CASA don't, never did. The majority of industry participants simply want to be compliant, safe, efficient and earn an honest crust doing what they enjoy. Australian aviation was never intended to be conducted in a police state – so why create one?

HMHB it's the weekend OS so the stats may not be relied on. But you can rest assured that there are folks overseas who know the stories, all of them; and, once they have stopped rolling about the floor laughing, the next audit will not be influenced by bluff, puff, smoke, mirrors or a worm farm. It will be a "Cash and No bull****" sort of deal, rely on that.

PS.>< By the by: Gobbledock is now based at the UN, on secondment from the houseboat, once he gets settled in, we expect regular emails from there. Tonight he is dining with Roberto Gonzales who is an old mate (first names basis) etc. so, once I decrypt the email, I'll let you know what's what with the big end of town. I only hope he don't turn into one of those puffed up, smug, self opinionated experts on everything from helicopters to heavy jets and back again, via trivia. Nah, Minnie would seriously spiflicate him.

Pete rules. OK.

Last edited by Kharon; 20th Apr 2013 at 23:17. Reason: Problems spelling Aspidistra.