PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 17th Apr 2013, 21:32
Sunfish

Received 89 Likes on 32 Posts
Regarding sociopaths/psychopaths, yes, many of them are extremely intelligent and hard working. They can also turn on amazing charm when needed. Since they manage "up" all the time, they can be promoted to high office (even Prime Minister) by an unwary organisation or nation.

The downside is that these people cannot empathise with ordinary people, they treat everyone perceived to be below them very very badly at best. They are convincing liars because without empathy they can keep a strait face when they lie. They will connive, scheme and backstab anyone who they perceive to be between then and promotion. Once in power they pursue their own ends, llegal or illegal, without compunction. They are also great haters and will remember and punish you for the slightest wound, even if it was accidental.

The problem for organisations is that only another sociopath will willingly work for a sociopath Boss. Hence, once one of them gets in and rises in an organisation, good people are forced out and are replaced by more sociopaths, since only a sociopath is happy to provide the daily arse licking demanded by their sociopath boss.

I am personally acquainted with Four such creatures, and I go out of my way to avoid them.

If, as alleged, there is one in Bankstown, then I won't be flying there anytime soon.

As for Dominic James, he is being badly treated for Two reasons:

1. He has created work and embarrassment for CASA.

2. The risk averse nature of CASA means that they have to guard against the possibility of media criticism if the unfortunate Dominic James ever has another prang. Same as the medical people, they aren't interested in keeping the public safe, it's about keeping their jobs safe.

Fortunately human resources folk are now aware of the problem, but it is going to take a long time to fix and many organisations will wither and die before the disease is finally under control. The fix, by the way, is testing for emotional intelligence - where any sociopath will always score a big fat zero

Last edited by Sunfish; 17th Apr 2013 at 21:40.