PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lionair plane down in Bali.
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2013, 00:00
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Indian national with 2000 hours experience, maybe!

First hand experience, which I saw from a European TRTO, they had contracts / have contracts, where they train Indians who come trough an Indian agency. They pay approx. 50.000 Euro, this includes TR and placement with Lion Air, where they are paid, can't recall what they told me what they would be paid, but it was close to "peanuts"!

During my short time I observed around 40 Indian pilots doing this training, and I did overhear several conversations by the trainers, telling the students what to expect with regards to CRM!
CRM would be more or less non-existent, compared to what we would expect in Europe, and they would be a little more than a flap operator, however I did see the instructors was trying to give these young Indian pilots some positive advice to try to improve this mindset, that exists in these countries!

So back to the 2000 hour FO, how much does these 2000 hours really mean, if the FO has not been allowed to develop his own skills!
It would not surprise me if he was from this TRTO, as they was constantly getting fed pilots from India for Lion Air!