PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qatar Amiri Flight Recruitment
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2013, 14:47
Amiri01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi 3030,

There has always been a certain lack of guidance/support for new joiners and I would agree that this area could be improved. I know a lot of guys turn up to do their observation sectors without ever having been shown over the airport office, Amiri Terminal etc.. The induction process could certainly be more comprehensive, structured and perhaps be more personal.

If there are any other issues that really should be addressed, could you pm me and I will communicate the suggestions to management. Hopefully your feedback can help to improve the process for subsequent new joiners, if anyone will act on the suggestions that is!

Pilot Talk, wrt the management transition, I have seen no discernible change in management. All executive and middle level management are still in place. There might be a new boss at the top, but there have been no obvious changes in the Flight Ops department that I have seen. However, others who are more closely associated with office work may have noticed changes.

That's not to say that there havent been any changes, it's just that I haven't observed them...

It would be good to hear the perspective of guys that have been here only a short time. It could be that having been here so long, I might have a bit of ambivalence about things that might grate someone who hasn't been here long.

As for when the doors will open again, it's anyone's guess. With the intro of the B748s pending, something will have to happen soon to meet the crewing obligations for the new aircraft.