PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 11th Apr 2013, 01:56
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numbers, chicken guts and Auditing

Sarcs, Kharon. I must be honest, your last 2 posts did bring me great amusement and robust chuckles. I believe that the hoodoo cauldron is simmering as we speak and it's weekly brew of magic potions, elusive tricks, deceptive flavour and thick mass will be shared around shortly. The FAA, ICAO and the Minister have been drinking from the magic cauldron for years (and apparently the potion not only blinds you from aviation truths and reality, it cures 'brewers droop' and 'private part rashes').
But do not be fooled, the cauldron does not contain the same niceties as the trough, so I am sure that once all and sundry have been fed their weekly cauldron brew (or chamber pot brew??) there will be a refreshing trough close by to wash down the taste.

Halfmanhalfauditor, interesting 'rumour'. I am actually surprised that any qualified or skilled auditor works for CASA (Barrier, Airtek, Pel Air, Transair all underwent the 'CAsA audit process and look what happened). But if said auditor did exist it is no surprise he was not involved in the audit process because to have an audit background this person, may we call him 'Mr 1662'?, would have actual operational, frontline aviation and audit experience. Now the skills of Mr 1662 may be good on paper and in practise but those skills are irrelevant to senior management. The skills they require for such a project are skills in spinning, polishing, bluffing and deflection, hence Mr 1662 not being invited to assist.

Now speaking of lotto, has any external body such as the NTSB conducted an independent audit of our very own ATsBeaker in the past year or two?
Being the numbers man that mi mi mi Beaker is I was wondering whether a weighting score pertaining to just the Beaker boys exists somewhere?

Anyway, much food for thought. Now lets relax a little, sit back and enjoy a relaxing ATsBeaker ballad;

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 11th Apr 2013 at 02:42.