PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 8th Apr 2013, 12:07
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you build it they won't come!

Sarcs, after the FAA and ICAO audits, and subsequent panicked response by the Fort Fumblers when the penny dropped that a safety downgrade was being touted, it would be rumoured that monies were committed and a basic training department set up to mitigate the findings and make life peachey again at Hotel CASA. It would be rumoured that as soon as the FAA and ICAO went away the training structure was iced and the monies that had been set aside, rumoured to be around 800k redirected elsewhere. Commitment cancelled, the spin had been spun, turf it all in the bin as the FAA and ICAO won't be back for some time.
And of course all this manipulated by none other than the Spin Doctor himself. I mean after you have watched the same game played out for years previoisly you get to know how to place the pieces don't you?

At a later date believed to be around 2010 FF was told by Big Tonys mob that there would be no additional trough money. "You got your extra 80 mil or whatever it is boys now fcuk off and never ask for additional funding ever again, in future any extra funding will have to be created by yourselves". Hence the fantasy was born that if FF spent a couple of bob and set up a centre of training excellence like the Singaporeans have, then the money would flow in by willing patrons eager to receive state of the art aviation regulatory training! Yes the trough would always be overflowing, lots of extra Cha Ching to fund whatever it is they blow money on. A bit of a 'if you build it they will come' scenario. But sadly most of what CASA does exists within the realms of 'The Field Of Dreams' and nobody ever comes. Perhaps if they converted the Brisbane field office into a corn farm they would have better success?

Sunfish, funny you mention Bulgaria. I once had a robust short lived relationship with a Bulgarian flight attendant. She was a nice lass, tall and slim yet stronger than a WWE wrestler. She used to arm-wrestle me during 'you know, that of the evening when you are letting the ferret out for a run'!

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 8th Apr 2013 at 12:16.