PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Provident Fund and Mondial
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2013, 09:26
nolimitholdem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With due respect Payscale, as no doubt there are weak employees within every company and I'm sure Mondial is no different. But my experience was nothing as you characterized.

Mondial is retained by Emirates to give fee-for consulting, twice a year as mentioned. They are not commission-based. I would never listen to any manager whose compensation was based on commission. Period. It's the definition of a conflict of interest. So the comment about "charging commission" is not accurate. If you get a good advisor - as I felt I did - his only goal is to provide you with the best portfolio based on mainly, your own personal risk tolerance and your specific circumstances. i.e., someone about to retire will have different goals than someone just joined.

Most guys leave their funds at the default settings, and leave with little more than the sum of theirs and the company's contributions. Which is a shame, when EK even pays for the advice to potentially make more. There is nothing to say you have to heed said advice, but if someone else wants to pay for assistance in twice-yearly balancing of my portfolio, what's not to like?

So no, it is nothing like the creeps who harass from Devere, Globaleye, etc. I'd say do your own research, take the free consult, and then make your own decisions.

I wouldn't trust a "superstar fund manager" either. The only person who actually cares as much about your money as you...is you.