PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 7th Apr 2013, 09:02
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the UN an avenue of consideration?

Aroa, I agree with your point. I also cannot accept (but understand it is allowed to occur) that a government organisation such as CASA is allowed to, on occasions, bankrupt an innocent person/company on the premise they did wrong when it is proven they didn't do wrong, they are innocent, yet they can still lose everything with no recourse?
I agree that this is horses#it, it is not democratic nor is it moral.
Now my question, or should I say a thought is this (and no I haven't been drinking VH-MOLE) "is there an avenue that Australians who are victims of this sort of process can appeal to such as the United Nations" when all else fails? Aren't the UN the champions of people's rights when the people are being screwed by their governments? Now that Australia has bought it's seat on the UN Counsel would this now mean Australia has a duty of care in cases such as Quadrio and others where compensation should, no MUST be provided when one is found innocent? Because currently CASA with the full backing of the Australian Government is allowe to act like a third world dictatorship. Aren't these very actions contravening human rights in a democratic society?

I know this proposal seems far fetched, I agree, but FFS Government departments in Australia are allowed to bully the innocent, bankrupt the innocent, betray the innocent.
Creampuff and co, you obviously know the more intricate legal aspects of CASA actions, have you pondered the above scenario re the UN?

Those who have never been destroyed by CASA will scoff at the mere suggestion, and that is fair enough. But if you haven't experienced their level of moral decay firsthand please don't respond with smartarse replies. Those who are innocent and have lost everything at the hands of this uncontained government wrecking ball have you also considered at some stage whether UN involvement is plausible, even possible, and worthy of consideration? Just curious.

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 7th Apr 2013 at 09:06.