PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 4th Apr 2013, 18:55
llamaman

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Baldeep,

Your scaremongering is a little premature. One of the requirements of the original tenders for the contract was a provision for military crews to remain employed in SAR duties as civilians. Yes, Bristow will have identified all possible internal candidates for future provisions, they have to because they can't afford to fail. At the moment, they have no idea of the numbers of those that will jump ship. Left of arc is nobody, right of arc is that all current military SAR crews will PVR. Any commercial company worth it's salt (I think Bristow falls into that category) has to have something in place for all possible outcomes, it's called contingency planning.

It would be wise to wait and see what is said at the upcoming recruitment road-shows. Judging by your username I'm probably not too wide of the mark by assuming that you are a relative youngster therefore 'wiseness' is probably not one of your strengths. Forgive me if I am wrong.

As an aside, it's in the MOD's interest to lose significant numbers of SAR aircrew. Post-SDSR we are already seeing significant numbers of 'spare' rotary guys as numbers within other fleets have been reduced. What do you think would be more expensive? Employing these guys to age 55 and maxing-out their pensions or letting them quietly slip away to Bristow where their significant skills and experience will be well utilised.

Please, stop the scaremongering and trying to drag this thread back to a mil v civvy bitchfest. It's all been done before.

Last edited by llamaman; 4th Apr 2013 at 18:57.