PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 31st Mar 2013, 22:47
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunny, you are but as innocent and unworldly as a new born, we all know the blindingly obvious. The staff of anyone who willingly participates is a guilty as the one who ordered the actions, no sympathy from me, none at all. We pay for, and everyone who travels by bus, train, boat or air, expects probity. What we have here is the perversion of a system, nothing as simple and honest as backsheesh; and it has bugger all to do with aircraft ploughing into stationary objects. Nada -we had our white paper answer to that inquiry, didn't we. So alls well.

What we do have is an out of control safety department which can and does get away with the most outrageous manipulations, threats, intimidation, punishment and general embuggerance of the industry; deliberately, with malice and aforethought. Pel Air don't signify – it's a bagatelle; the real game is being played at deeper, darker level to expose the system, warts and all, (to borrow a phrase). Protect Hempel – OK. Crucify Quadrio – OK. Shut down Polar - OK. Protect Pel Air – OK. To name but a few of many. Enough with the bull**** already. Now-this Senate inquiry provides one, slim, fragile chance to correct at least some the iniquity, so-think on.

How about you do your homework and then tell us what you think it means? Then we can discuss it.
Steam off;

Sarcs - Don't much go for a conspiracy line either; but the Pel Air incident sure had the potential to upset the cosy relationship. Beaker's boys to do the 'technical' only and he saves a mint. CASA boys draw the conclusions to suit the "Strictly no Liability" policy; Yep - works just fine. Until the wheels come off that is.

If you can find the time I urge you to read the Canley Vale report – I mean read it; it's a sow's ear. The last part from about p 30 (ish) is an arse covering exercise of mammoth proportions; you may even spot some familiar language and grammatical gaffs. Even the technical analysis is suspect. When the Coroner reads that, signed off by ATSB as 'kosher' many awkward questions would potentially be avoided, the system works, just fine. Unless serious 'new' information is provided and accepted. Like..?..?..?..?..?.. But that is a battle yet to be fought, on another day.

Currently, I remain intrigued by the motive for the unfortunate 'Chambers' missive: is it still being touted as the 'cure' ?; does the DAS still robustly stand behind it ?; does the current atmosphere even allow for the thing to be dismissed, for what it is?. The ATSB and Ben Cook primary reports, supported by Aherne, certainly have more value, credibility and authority, yet they remain buried in a sea of fluff. Hard to tell – but, I agree Sarcs, the inconsiderate DJ certainly picked a hell of a time to run out of noise and then have the audacity to survive and the temerity have his very own Senate committee, asking awkward questions. Particularly of the potted, risible, Chambers Report.

Who's this Kharma bitch anyway ??

Last edited by Kharon; 31st Mar 2013 at 23:08.