PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIA ATLANTIC AIRLINES..
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2013, 18:41
nakbin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From their website: "Please note: AAA previously operated as Asia Pacific Airlines Thailand." I think they either unwittingly gave the airline a name that was already taken.. or perhaps they got a bit mixed up between the Atlantic and the Pacific. As their proposed routes are all around the Pacific, it seems a bit of an odd choice of name.

Also from their website: "our goal is to become the world’s number one charter airline" - not aiming low then! Time will tell. What is it about Thailand and start-up charter outfits using 767s? They seem to come and go every year or two - SkyStar, JetAsia, Asia Pacific/Atlantic Airlines, Business Air.

A lot of these Thai airlines have a few things in common - a poorly thought out name, very amateurish websites with lots of spelling mistakes and deeply incompetent management: Crystal Thai Airways, City Airways with their slogan "Go Every City by City Airways", Happy Air, Kan Air, Orient Thai, P.C. Air "I believe it's my way", Sunny Airways "Sunny Airways always smile", U Airlines, R Airlines...

Would love a job out there but apart from needing to be type-rated, it seems to be quite a risk to take a job with most of these outfits.

Last edited by nakbin; 31st Mar 2013 at 18:44.