PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Ambulance in UK
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2013, 19:03
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Homonculus

Rather like whitehead I see cost savings and efficiencies arising out of an integrated service. I am not a fan of multi rolling but shared accommodation (please include the Fire Service), and command and control plus economies of scale will enable a more efficient service. Pilots can be shared and other personnel cross-trained (some are already).

Last year I took part in a walk-athon (younger folks did the 10k run - including my eldest daughter) around St Mawgan and I realised just how hard the fund-raisers work to get the funds to help deliver a service for the future and improve it where possible.

As the first HEMS-style AA in the country it's right and proper that Cornwall AA should be up there with the best in the UK. The people of Cornwall have been great supporters and they deserve nothing less. In my time we started with a 12 foot long caravan of dubious origin and advanced in years. To see the new place makes me PROUD - not ashamed, not worried but pleased that for once aircrew doing a vital job have the BEST facilities and not the C**P we normally endure.

Please, join me in my happiness.

G.