PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 28th Mar 2013, 01:42
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Culture and dancing, safety's friend??

So the question again has been raised and remains unanswered, 'why has Fort Fumble stood by its belief that the Pel Air ditching is all Dom's fault'??
Well I can shed some light. Apart from the fact that FF Execs are driven by pride, arrogance and ego, the real reason is the organisation in its entirety. It isn't a generative organisation in deeds, action and culture, it is pathological. We can measure that quite easily by comparing the two cultures.

A generative culture is one where:
- Information is sought and accepted
- 'Messengers' are trained
- Responsibilities are shared
- Reports are accepted and the reporters rewarded, so to speak
- Failures are scrutinised, evaluated and lessons are learned
- New ideas embraced and welcomed

A pathological organisation is one where:
- Information is hidden, buried and covered over
- 'Messengers' are shouted down, eliminated, bullied and silenced
- Responsibilities are shirked, avoided, abandoned and deflected
- Reports are discouraged, spun shredded or hidden
- Failures are covered up, buried or tucked away in a chamber pot
- New ideas are crushed, destroyed, flushed and shunned

So it's pretty easy to see what class the bumbling ninnies running the Regulator fit in to. Quite concerning actually. But obviously that's what the Government wants isn't it?

Kharon. Very entertaining video, but I don't believe that was Bankstown. Judging by the dancing style and robust uniforms it was the FNQ and NT Inspectors on audit and celebrating an operators Show Cause!
Then again perhaps in line with the true 'mystique of aviation' it was some kind of voodoo dance aimed at keeping the evil Senators away?

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 28th Mar 2013 at 02:11. Reason: Looking for logic as to why CASA don't have to comply with the same safety processes as industry.