View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2013, 01:15
MadMadMike

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
How your tune changed...

http://www.pprune.org/pacific-genera...ml#post6337016

Seems like you were bagging pay for ICUS in 2011 Compylot... but now

oh and also noticed you suggesting earlier paying for some 'heavy single' time

You are exactly what is wrong with this industry and why it will only get worse! You paid to fly a 210, then paid to fly a chieftain... You PAID ~$15000 to fly 100 hours in a **** box. 100 hours twin is NOTHING - 100 hours paid ICUS is embarrassing and would have me throwing your CV to the dog.

I guarantee you will pay for a 'jet' endorsement because so far you have paid for everything else.

Here's an idea, work hard, take opportunity when they present themselves and learn along the way. Keep your money in your pocket.. or wait its not your money, it's mummy and daddy's.

on and for those wanting a laugh... At least now I know who you are next time you sit next to me on a burner

Hi guys,

I am a recent professional commercial pilot (CPL, MEIFR Grade 3).

In regard to

Quote:
as others could mistake you for someone of who is in a position of responsibility for the duty of care on the flight (in the event of an emergency where there's confusion etc).
As a recent addition to that of the league of professional aviator, I have from day one been taught that whenever I am around aircraft, airports or an aviation environment to act as one would expect from a commercial pilot!

Last week I paxed from Sydeny to Melbourne for my neices christening, and even though I was off duty I wore my full uniform consisting of standard white epaulette shirt, 2 bars, wings, blue pants and of course appropriately displayed ASIC.

The cabin crew on that flight were more than accomodating and thankful that they had an aviation porfessional in the emergency exit row, secure in the knowledge I had the capability and experience to direct pax in an emergency!

One of the passenegers next to me even asked me some questions on the briefing card and I helpfully pointed out some details!

So, I think that there is nothing wrong at all, in fact it is beneficial for professional aircrew to be appropriately identifiable when paxing on RPT services!