PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wollongong fatal crash March 2013
View Single Post
Old 23rd Mar 2013, 07:21
heliduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think CYHeli & GT have a point, once there is a known problem I don't understand why there is such a long delay in rectifying said known problem. No doubt highly paid lawyers work all those details out, so what could possibly go wrong

On a different point GT, if I read your statement correctly you are attributing a lack of pilot skill on the helicopters being too cheap to train in? Using this logic, if flying schools charge more for training in an R44 then less people will learn, therefore less people crash? Sounds ridiculous to me so I'm sure I've interpreted your comment incorrectly. The standard a pilot needs to achieve before being let loose on the world is set by the examiners, not by the cost of running the helicopter.

Just a thought to add to the previous comments - Myself & thousands of others have conducted mustering, Ag, photography, longlining, shooting & lots of other so-called "high risk" activities in Robinson helicopters & have come out the other end unscathed. I agree that if I did happen to come to grief in one I would prefer it didn't burn, but blaming a collision with an immovable object by an otherwise perfectly functioning helicopter(assumption on my part) & the financial situation of the trainee is drawing a very long bow.