PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA save BA money!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2013, 10:33
Wirbelsturm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As for Mixed Fleet reducing IFCS costs, the fleet has just had a pay rise and they can potentially earn more than Gatwick based cabin crew
That was always the plan with Mixed Fleet. The contract was written to be flexible and adapt as needs arose. Flexibility? BASSA didn't even know what that word meant hence their demise.

Irrespective of how many CC join BASSA/Unite the BASSA of old is no more, they have no teeth anymore and most of the members would be vary wary of following the drivel from the head seat/ Branch Secretary again before leaping into ludicrous, destructive IA. The CC need representation, I have always believed that, they just didn't need the old BASSA. In fact no one did.

How does that fit in with your budget?
It doesn't need to, that's the point.

As for QE, I think we will see that change when the prime aim of the B of E becomes growth not inflation capping. The gains of having allowances paid in local currency pale into insignificance as soon as a trip is dropped or lost. What you gain on the swings you lose on the roundabouts. I would rather have the increase in pensionable basic thank you.

Bank of England governor outvoted in bid to launch fresh QE boost
and...

Those opposing further QE said the Bank had already given a "substantial" stimulus to the economy and expressed concern that QE was becoming less effective. With inflation already above target, there was a risk further asset purchases would send the wrong signal to the public.
The new Canadian chap is not a fan of QE and opposed it fully in Canada. I don't think we'll see parity with the $ Count. Not in our lifetime. $1.50 - $1.65 is a good export figure.

Last edited by Wirbelsturm; 22nd Mar 2013 at 10:43.