PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Barry Hempel Inquest
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2013, 20:36
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bizarre medical rituals.

Sunny # 494 –"A perusal of AAT rulings suggests that medical certificates are rather easy to lose, I would have thought, yet not in Bazzas case for some reason?"
Rather than risk getting yet another thread closed down, I will avoid specific cases and events; there are a significant number on record which answer your questions, some quite bizarre. There's the well documented 'diabetic' case which is well worth a read; then a similar case to Hempel 's where a PPL (I believe) pranged a motor cycle and did himself grievous bodily and head harm, story goes it took eight years and some significant effort to regain a licence; then one of the strangest tales I ever heard was of selective 'psychic' DAMP tests where the results may be delayed until the 'auguries' are good (not my tale to tell, but I wish).

It is beyond my humble powers to determine what happened (or didn't happen) in the BH case, but I know I would not like to be the Coroner, not for a pension. I wonder if Bempel will end up at the Senate as part of a wider inquiry? there certainly seems to be enough reasonable doubt to justify it.

Last edited by Kharon; 20th Mar 2013 at 21:00. Reason: Just checking - twitch, twitch.....