PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THE Kangaroo Route is about to become the Dragon Route
Old 14th Mar 2013, 13:47
Eastwest Loco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defred

The difference in taxes is twofold.

The UK has departure taxes (hidden under similar rhetoric as used by Juliar regarding carbon emissions) that are driven by distance. LHR SYD is more expensive than LHR DXB where the EK flight number terminates. A new flight number goes the rest of the journey. Maybe QF should change flight numbers at DXB to get the greedy Pom fist out of their pocket.

The other factor is that Emirates have a much lower fuel surcharge than QF.

It is becoming increasing difficult to sell QF as they are pricing themselves out of many markets which makes me incredibly sad. It may be that short to medium term survial dictates this is the only viable path but it doesn't bode well for the future of International long haul.

As for China Southern, we have a larger percentage month by month using their services in all classes from Australia into Europe.

They have disgracefully good value fares, a very good network with codeshare oncarriage and we have yet to have a passenger with a bad experience.

I have not flown them myself and so must go on passenger feedback and it is all positive to the degree that I now have local CZ frequent flyer members, some from the area South of DPO where half the garden is grown to be smoked and it is cash onl;y for ticket purchase.

Best all

EWL