PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2013, 13:31
halfofrho

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From everything I've read here Beazlebub provides the most realistic and accurate information.

From my personal experience CTC provide a great service to the airline and the wannabe pilot, and they care a great deal for their cadets.

There are far too many angry people around here who for whatever reason have decided to go about trying to disprove the qualities of CTC. Just because you chose to go somewhere else for your training, or because you chose to go modular in a time where airlines very much prefer integrated students, you can't blame anyone else for that!

The fact of the matter is that CTC is the best choice for any wannabe pilot wanting a job in jet. No other single FTO can offer the level of service that CTC provides. Training was an absolute blast and I met some amazing friends and instructors along the way who are absolutely dedicated to your training.

If you volunteer at an open day for CTC the first thing they ask of you is to be honest. If you ask a question you are always given an accurate and truthful answer. If you haven't been to one of their open days, I highly recommend it!

Financially, of course it will cost a bomb! You would be mad to think it wouldn't. Take your time with the financial side of it, run some "what if" scenarios and gather ALL of the facts before you commit to a financial agreement. What I would say is the above mentioning of £180k of debt is absolutely ridiculous and don't get scared away by that figure. I budgeted for £100k plus interest on the amount that I had to borrow from the bank.