PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2013, 16:43
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bealzebub promotes CTC once again. wannabes beware of the propaganda machine
Another one of your "facts" no doubt! In any event it is still wrong.

For specific airline cadet programmes these routes are the pretty much the only way in. Hence the title of the thread and the nature of the replies. It is hardly propaganda since it attempts to be accurate rather than false. I have nothing to do with CTC but a quarter of all the pilots that fly for my company have started as cadets through that route. That includes senior managers, managers, trainers, captains, and first officers.

Cadets usually make up around a third of a normal recruitment intake. The other groups being experienced type rated pilots and experienced non-type rated pilots (including military pilots.) The problem as it relates to this forum is that most wanabees are not likey to find themselves in either of those two latter groups anytime soon. The cadets come through this FTO and it seems reasonable to provide information that is as accurate as possible, so I do.

A few of you make the mistake of thinking that easyjet is the only game in town. In many ways that is a reasonable mistake because for the last few years it pretty much has been. As a result it set its own terms for cadet placements which were significantly worse than those employed by many of the other partners. As a dominant player it was able to do just that. Nevetheless many of the cadets who took that route have since found opportunities with other airlines on significantly better terms and conditions. We have taken some as experienced type rated pilots. Similarly BA, Virgin and the large Middle Eastern carriers have all drawn from that pool. Where T&C's are bad you can expect people to be looking for something better. Where T&C's are good you can expect people looking to establish themselves.