PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2013, 09:22
Very Sneaky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ATP9
Hi guys,

I'm also currently in a similar situation to a few of you. Just passed my assessment day for RAAF pilot and engineer- and now been reccommended for the Flight Screening Board and also OSB for engineer. I'm currently in yr 12 and want to got ADFA. I haven't had any flight experience though - is that really going to be an issue?
If anyone's got any tips for either, they'd be greatly appreciated
Also if anyone knows to get in contact with a RAAF pilot or aersopace engineer, or if there are any on this thread willing to talk to me that'd be great
Hi ATP,

You'll find the answer to flight experience in my previous post directed to stonely44. As for tips, I recommend reading through this thread in its entirety. I understand it is a long thread, but it is filled with tips, advice and experiences from people who have taught on FSP and BFTS, as well as people who have been through the process and been both successful and unsuccessful.

I see you're from NSW... did you get a chance to go to Avalon for the airshow last weekend? It would have been a perfect opportunity to have a chat to a few pilots as well as engineers with the trade exhibition on, and (if memory serves correctly) a lot of engineers are based at Point Cook. If not, I'm sure there a few people on these forums who would be willing to point you in the right direction

Cheers

VS