PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 8th Mar 2013, 02:48
Sarcs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good catch UITA!

I especially love these bits (my bold)...
McCormick's astonishing reply - as reported by Australian aviation reporter Ben Sandilands - was that McCormick did not consider the information relevant since, the accident was entirely the fault of the captain.

Though you probably don't need them, let me repeat that with italics; entirely the fault of the captain.

I was still trying to fathom how anyone with the title "director of aviation safety" could utter those words when I read his further rationale. The information was withheld from the safety board so as "not to contaminate its decision making." Yup, if you keep information from investigators, it won't affect their decisions, and that's what we call uninformed decisions. Most folks try to avoid them.

Between the ATSB's skim-the-surface conclusion in its probe, and CASA's retro-style, blame-the-folks at the pointy end of the accident, something very strange is going on in Australia's air safety world. When the guys with the pocket protectors launch in with the double talk and the politicians start to sound reasonable, that's upside down, no matter what side of the equator you're flying on.
Oh and Karen Casey crops up again....so FF and ATSBeaker here's another...
Reality Check..
Reality check. There is a current Senate inquiry into NGAs ditching that has alleged collusion between the ATSB and CASA, big no-no for that one. The other disgrace is the covering up of important documents that would have affected the reports' outcome quite remarkedly.Facts are emerging rapidly that suggest the above mentioned and more. For one to state that the ATSB report is accurate is dangerous and ignorant, not smart for air safety.
I survived that ditching. The experience of it all, I will leave to your imagination, hint...life threatening, terrified, sharks, freezing.
What has been most disappointing to me in the aftermath besides physical disability, pain and scoring a mental illness, is knowing that the airline I was on were incompetent and sadly two very important Government body leaders have lied to me. An extremely bitter pill to swallow.
I owe my life to an exceptionally difficult ditching considering the conditions, pitch black, storm, high swells etc to the skilled, calm pilots. I owe my life to fighting with all my might.
I now fight for the truth to get air safety right here in Australia. I advocate this for the public, my loved ones fly too.
I will not fly again until there is a re-structure of both parties and honest, evaluation and implementation of safety are practiced by leaders that are willing to learn.
I am not afraid of dying in a plane crash, I am scared of surviving again and living with the physical, psychological and deceitful amount of grief that I and others have endured over the past three years and four months.
There is a much bigger picture beneath the pieces of the bits of connecting puzzle.March 6, 2013 at 11:29 AM
Reality Check over...

No option 3 will do..along with a full and frank review of the now infamous accident investigation and dodgy final report by an independent, properly ICAO accredited, accident investigation body!

Last edited by Sarcs; 8th Mar 2013 at 03:19.