PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2013, 22:49
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like there is some truth to the 757 rumours: Aer Lingus to Acquire Boeing 757s - ITTN | Irish Travel Trade News Magazine
It will be great if this pans out as more T/A flights to Ireland, just wondering if somebody would be able to tell me how much load ratio's with regards nationalities have changed on Aer Lingus T/A services since say the Summer of 2009 (prior to the cessation of IAD & SFO). Comparing 2009 with the present there has been an increase in the amount of short-haul services which allow connections and of course the successful addition of the Regional operation allowing a lot more transfer as well as the steady increase in codeshares and interline agreements. I'd be particularly interested to know what the LF on the IAD and SFO routes were in the Summer of 2009 even though I know this only tells half the story regarding profitability. However I do believe a West Coast route could work now for Aer Lingus they've really built up a good backbone to the T/A operation even though it maybe be awhile before we see both West Coast routes back (LAX & SFO).