PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 7th Mar 2013, 06:34
Very Sneaky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stoneley44
Hey guys,

After a 4 week delay due to a minor medical issue my file's been sent off to PSA. Anybody currently waiting for a slot at flight screening or have a rough idea of how long it might take? How long's a piece of string seems to be the general guideline.. The chap who did my assessment day interview seemed to think those who have flying experience get streamed off first... Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers
Gday stoneley,

We're in a similar boat it seems! I've just handed all my medical results off to DFR to have my medical status determined and awaiting a response before my file is sent to PSA.

My understanding is that PSA select candidates from the top of the list of recommended applicants to fill each individual course, where a candidates rank is determined by a number of criteria (of which flight motivation is one) and qualitative comments by your defence interviewer. Flight experience indicates motivation so it is probably desirable to have this (but doesn't necessarily infer any advantage at FSP or during training), however motivation can also be expressed in other ways so it is not the be-all and end-all. Your name will remain in the pool for 12 months or until your rank falls within range of selection and you are sent a letter of acceptance to FSP.

Your enlistment coordinator should be able to confirm your competitiveness in relation to other candidates and where you sit on the list (I'm pretty sure anyway), short of this I've heard of people calling PSA directly to find out.

Hope this helped!

Cheers,

VS

Last edited by Very Sneaky; 7th Mar 2013 at 06:34.