PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Grounds 787s
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2013, 14:56
Joetom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Root cause of battery failure
I've seen several comments on not knowing the root cause of the battery failure, yet about ten days ago All Nippon Airways made this statement: Japan probe finds miswiring of Boeing 787 battery on ANA flight that made emergency landing | StarTribune.com

Americanflyer.

Root cause and they found miswiring may not be linked to these events.

Miswiring is often found, not perfect, but will not always cause problems.

These events are not looking like a single problem and also not looking like a quick fix.

Both Boeing and the FAA with have to fully understand how this system was certified and allowed such shortfalls getting through the system.

Then understand how 100/150 batts could be replaced in service life and just waiting around to see what happens next, keep changing batts at that rate or hoping newer batts will fix the problem.

I'm guessing Boeing were working hard on these batt issues before the two events than got the aircraft grounded, maybe they should of been working harder.

The A350 team have been handed a golden egg with the 787 problems, am sure they will make the most of it, maybe they they will see it as pay back for the A380 spoiler/748i saga.

I hope the 787 gets fixed sooner than I think it will, what an aircraft after MSN 90 and they get the weight down.