PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2013, 21:42
matt1991

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Rockets11
I failed the CAD at Gatwick (red deficiency) a few months ago- so I decided to go to City University, London to take the Holmes-Wright lantern and the Nagel Anomaloscope (the other 2 tests that the CAA recognise but don't administer themselves) - at City Uni they conduct several tests when you go, one of which is the CAD. Surprisingly I managed to pass the CAD there and failed the HW lantern and the Nagel Anomaloscope. Sent my results off to CAA and now I'm deemed colour safe.
I don't want to get your hopes up too much, but it might be worth your while going to UCL and getting these tests done there, if you pass either the HW lantern of the Nagel one then the CAA will deem you colour safe (you might even do better on the CAD). Keep in mind that the CAD test, from my experience, is dependent on how you perform on the day so make sure your feeling well and have had a good nights sleep. Second time round at the CAD, I took my time, had several short breaks in between each clip and managed to pass. If you want any more info, just ask!