PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 1st Mar 2013, 10:22
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ode to Beaker

Creampuff, in all fairness to aroa you shouldn't take the piss. If one hasn't worked either for or close to a government bureaucracy it can be hard to fathom or believe that they can operate with impunity, no accountability and in reality (yet not in the laws eyes) above the law, beyond reproach and with free will to do as they please!
That doesn't make aroa dumb, it simply highlights that 'Government pony poo 101' is not his main trade, and that is no crime.

Now, to the Beaker. Yes, Beaker Beaker Beaker. Acting so smug because Senator Fawcett made a mistake hey? Beaker, you best not poke the bear. If the taxpayer was refunded a $1 every time you f#ked up we would have a surplus, and Swanny would be harder than a lumberjack!
So Beaker, you may have notched up a minor win but you have lost the battle. The fact remains that under your watch and stewardship the ATSB has gone from probably third best Investigative body behind the USA and Singapore to the laughing stock of the world. Even our neighbours in some dubious Asian countries where smoking holes are the norm are putting us to shame.
What could have been your crown of glory, Norfolk, has become your death sentence. I hope the good Senators remember your smug look at Julian Knight and Ian's Sandwich and deliver you a pineapple that is so robust that for the next 20 years your wife will feel like she is married to the Golden Circle cannery!

The actions of the ATSB and CASA over the 'Norfolk affair', the 'Shelfware Chronicles', the 'Inquiry into Assclownery' whatever you want to call it is a disgrace. It does nothing to appease the flying publics fear about the mystique of aviation, it does nothing to install confidence in an industry that is sick to death of bullying, cronyism, incompetence and malfeasance.

But, and may I say, there is a glimmer of goodness. With Kharons permission as well as all the other hard working stewards keeping the styx riverboat chugging along nicely (and compliantly, its AOC and COA were renewed yesterday) chocolate frog award goes to the ATSB lead investigator who had the skill, tenacity, integrity and testicular fortitude (something his bosses lack) to put together a report that contained all the causal factors, root causes, latent conditions and facts, warts and all, the good the bad and the ugly. It is sad that all that good work must be polished, shined, cut, smoothed, ironed, stretched, bleached and re-painted by the top layer of dross so as to make sure that no embarrassment befalls anybody in government.

So where to next? Will Senator Fawcett have some robust surprises in store for the ATSBeaker? Will Senator Xenophon lobbith another holy handgrenade at Mr Skull? Will Flyingfiend take his team to Montreal for a 'working study' in which they will learn about postulation, spin doctoring, apple bobbing, and perhaps give an aviation brief to ICAO titled 'The Richard White Paper'??

Anyway, time to jump on Poohtube and watch 'Ode to Joy, Beaker'! Those quivering lips, bulging eyes and mi mi mi mi-ing reminds me of somebody I know....

'Safe skies are unmolested by CASA skies'

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 1st Mar 2013 at 10:30. Reason: Was relaxing with candles, wine and some soothing muppet ballads