PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2013, 05:26
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I had 500 hrs I knew what the package was & what a life in HK meant. When I had 950 hrs I applied to CX budgeting on the time period when I'd have my application processed & 1000 hrs TT as was required. When I had 4000 hrs, 2500 hrs PIC in a FAR 25 category aircraft & the rest as light single, piston & FO time I knew what the package was down to the tax I'd pay, the housing allowance package, how to best utilise it, & of course the the career path. In the interview I was prepared & didn't ask or need to memorise answers for IQ tests.

When after 3+ years of my initial congratulatory letter of passing the interview(s) I was offered C-Scale & the insult to be stuck in a classroom for 3 months in ADL learning about a 1:60 let alone lift & drag. I / "WE" turned it down. We knew what the package was like & what's more what an airline pilot's worth is.

PPRUNE was but one TINY Internet resource to study from about life in HK. I'm sorry, but all the resources were there many, many more years ago than the few that affected your time frame. Your due diligence was severely lacking. You admit that in stating that if you'd known better..... But again, the point is all the information was out there. It appears you guys can memorise wrote the engine types of CX's fleet but not calculate the realities of real vs net income that will determine the next decade at least of your lives.

Many, many, many people have highlighted the pay differences & realities C-Scale & living in HK. You've just joined the queue. And guess what? it too will be ignored by the next wannabe not giving a damn about the LONG TERM ramifications of their actions. The deliberately ignorant hopefuls who as you state "don't care whether the airline or industry will be better off" deserve the package & treatment they ask for for the rest of their career.

All the information is there, & then some. It takes the desire to accept the good & the bad side of the argument. Too many have rose coloured SJS glasses selectively implanted.

There's a word used for people who take jobs that severely undercut the market after others make a stand against it. Even worse by doing so then seeking those same terms & conditions afterwards. What a low, low style of person CX now seeks. (Jet, I do not insulate yourself at all, only those who joined as such seeking to do this).

PS: as a side comment, you mentioned the fatigue when you're "flying".... Thus comment / question is for the dreamers: How many take offs & landings have you done "flying" for CX since you left ADL? My point is, so many applicants still don't even get that about the SO role. We could go on about ICAO recognised hours as well........

No sympathy.

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 1st Mar 2013 at 05:38.