PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Socata TB20/21 vs. Mooney 201J/252 vs. Beechcraft Bonanza V35
Old 27th Feb 2013, 19:16
Silvaire1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, allegedly.
There's an ass for every seat

I think the world would be an awfully boring place if everybody wanted to spend their hard earned cash on the same things - I prefer the luxury of enjoying other people's choices without having to make them my own! And I hope likewise that they could enjoy what I like to spend my money on.

The problem with Bonanzas for me, in my brief experience, is the ergonomics. A bolt upright bus driver's seat and neck bent over 15 degrees to clear the roof. They're solid otherwise, but kind of dull. Mooneys are just plain small, but the engineer in me likes them the best - their design says 'speed's what matters, its an aircraft not a Rolls Royce'.

The Rockwells and Socatas are a bit too decadent for me, seemingly shaped to fit over-sized occupants, not shaped by the air, but that's just me.

I like the perverse one that's an antique aircraft disguised to appear modern, built by a few guys in Minnesota, having interior fabric selections so 70s they hurt, but still with the undeniable sense of design by a (long since dead) Italian who made really cool things decades before the others came along... You can sense that just sitting in the 'driver's seat'. I want one someday

Last edited by Silvaire1; 27th Feb 2013 at 19:37.