PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TMG rating with EASA PPL
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2013, 18:49
Zonkor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TMG rating with EASA PPL

Hi forum,

I'm quite confused about the EASA legislation, and the more I read it, the worse it gets! I'd be happy about some guidance from fellow sufferers.

I have an EASA PPL(A) from the UK CAA. According to FCL.205.A, you can fly TMG with a PPL(A):

"FCL.205.A PPL(A) — Privileges

(a) The privileges of the holder of a PPL(A) are to act without remuneration as PIC or co-pilot on aeroplanes or TMGs engaged in non-commercial operations."

However, in various places in CAP804 and Part-FCL a "TMG rating" is mentioned, even in conjunction with a PPL(A).

In fact, it seems you can only credit TMG hours toward the revalidation of a PPL(A) (i.e., SEP rating) if you do hold the ominous TMG rating:

"FCL.740.A Revalidation of class and type ratings – aeroplanes

(2) When applicants hold both a single-engine piston aeroplane-land class rating and a TMG rating, they may complete the requirements of (1) in either class, and achieve revalidation of both ratings."

So how does one get a TMG rating with a PPL(A) (SEP rating)? Is differences training / logbook endorsement sufficient, or a full-blown course and checkride at an ATO?

Thanks,

George

P.s.: Is there an official list of TMG (to set them apart from SLMG)?