PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2013, 12:02
777boyo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A Real Shame......

At risk of posting a rambling, sleep deprived posting from an Antipodean layover ....but, am I alone in thinking,as a former GF person from The Good Old Days (81-89), that its incredibly sad to read these postings?

There are many of us out here who had probably the most fun times of our lives and careers in what was probably the best expat flying job of the period over those years, in what was certainly the most hospitable place in the Gulf, with the friendliest, most hospitable nationals around. I have really fond memories of 737 training with excellent guys like Jameel al Matrook, Abdul Wahid Khooheji, Hassan Falamarzi, Sattar al Alawi....as well as expat characters such as the Thompson Twins,Norman Gould,Paul Reid,Novsa Mehta, Lakshman Reddy..the list is endless. Gentlemen all. Flights on the 767 with characters such as Tony Coyle, Richard Gardner, Eric Molberg, Dicky Dale Green, Nigel Jones...........and the inimitable Humberstone and his jokes A toast to you all. What I wouldn't give to be 30 again on a layover in 1990 at the Gulf Hotel in AUH...

Unfortunately, it seems to have finally become apparent that money can't be made only from excellent people and hosts - it clearly takes Management skills and talent. And there I nostalgically rest my case, with very fond memories, and best wishes to all at the remnants of a once great airline.

77B

Last edited by 777boyo; 20th Feb 2013 at 12:06.