PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Senate Inquiry, Hearing Program 4th Nov 2011
Old 19th Feb 2013, 10:24
my oleo is extended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Box ticking and audit flicking

Halfmanhalfpotplant, the CASA love those ticked boxes.
As for over the phone audits I am not sure, but the Accident Liasion Manager who is the 'not so robust' CASA/ATSB conduit in the middle of this gritty sandwich used to accept 'telephone calls to an operator' as Operational Surveillance when he was the Brisbane field office manager! Again, it ticks the boxes and meets KPI's, but just a smoke screen. I imagine it is all sitting in TRIM if one was to search for it

I have also been told for example that when Macair fell over the government panicked about not being able to service FNQ routes, so they arranged for another operator to pick up a bunch of those routes, albeit with a completely different aircraft type. No audit was done first, no full and thorough risk assessments undertaken, just a 'desktop exercise' and hey presto - the new operator had all the ports added to their AOC, which was around 10 ports I am told, and done very quickly. No risk in that is there?

Aargh yes I hear the sound of a shredder I believe!!
Poor Flyingfiend, no wonder he doesn't have time to post of late. All these spotfires erupting and not enough hoses! Maybe CASA will have to use all the trough water as well??

'Unsafe emails for all'

Last edited by my oleo is extended; 19th Feb 2013 at 10:28. Reason: Measuring the Skulls risk profile on a consequence and likelihood matrix. Doesn't look good...