PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 16th Feb 2013, 17:29
charliejulietthotel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not in the talent pool, I've been here for about 7 months now and training has gone on par with a lot of other people already mentioned on this thread. Yes I am lucky I am in, I think it will be a great job when the training is out of the way, patience. A lot of it is required.
Regarding the hold pool. You have done a lot of work for the interview and well done on passing, seriously congratulations, no sarcasm at all. It shows that you put in a serious amount of effort into securing a fantastic opportunity, it is just unfortunate circumstances that have hindered your career progression.
Passing the Qatar selection should give you a great boost for your confidence. If it comes to the situation that you have to look for alternative employment, you know you'll probably have a very good shout at another opportunity in the knowledge you are good enough for Qatar, it's just unfortunate they couldn't accommodate you at this point. Their loss. Another airlines gain.
I know you won't want to hear it, but Qatar isn't, hasn't and won't be the last airline in the world to let down people in hold pools. Please remember the guys and girls who tried their luck with BA, that golden ticket to have an amazing moustache, an English accent belonging to not one English county and by deed pole change your name to Nigel. Not saying it's right, it isn't in the slightest, but it is the nature of the beast. Aviation is brutal, when it goes your way it is the best high, when it doesn't there isn't much back up. Good luck to everyone in the talent pool, genuinely, I hope you all find alternative solutions somewhere soon (or Qatar call you, naturally!) Flying or not, pay the bills, keep the wife happy and if you can afford to, kick the nuts off an aerobat and have some fun, life is for living not waiting.