PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IRELAND WEST AIRPORT KNOCK
View Single Post
Old 13th Feb 2013, 00:24
Jamie2k9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
- Varadkar bringing up state air rules in interview
Whats the problem with that?

- Taoiseach worried about perception of bias if he intervenes
So he should be, there has being some stroke politics in recent weeks from Mayo area when it comes down to transport.

- Airport chairman concedes HHN/BVA lost due to lack of promotion, SNN bailout "did not help"
Of course the management of NOC have to blame someone for routes closures, only reason BGY and GRO are staying is because most of traffic is Irish. Ryanair were practically giveing seats away for free on the routes and people still don't want them. Its not that people don't know about the routes. Millions of people log onto FR website every week and would clearly see there routes.

The simple problems is Knock, people haven't a clue where the airport is located or anything about it. A better name is needed as Ireland West Airport Knock or Knock means nothing to a non Irish person and I wouldn't book a flight to Knock as there is such a lack of information as the airports in the middle of nowhere. If airport was closer to Westport and called Westport it would have a place on the map as tourists go there and know the name, like everybody knows Shannon. A better name is needed is routes are to be secured.

Lack of promotion:
Ireland West Airport Knock

Of course SNN is the reason why these routes failed if NOC management would grow up and just realize lots of money was spend to promote these services but they failed but no they have to blame someone because they failed. Would be great if airport management could tell me why Lufthansa service didn't fail with these lack of promotion. If NOC was given a few more million to advertise these routes the out come would of being the same. I also don't see the ADF going down well with tourists, showing up to the airport and being told pay to leave on a flight. Could be wrong but LH collected the fee for the airport. It's ridiculous that tourists get not notice about the fee and are expected to just pay it. News of that will spread once they return home.

NOC will always be an airport for sun services and UK flights. I know people won't accept this but its where the airports future lies.