PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LHR to SYD Options
View Single Post
Old 12th Feb 2013, 08:32
silverelise

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To me "direct" means the same plane all the way. If that is the requirement then BA or Qantas. Everything else requires you to change planes somewhere. Mind you, I don't know what BA and QF do at their transit points. For all I know they may get you off the plane whilst they clean, restock and refuel.
Yep. I did LHR-SYD last March on the Qantas A380. They chuck you off at SGP, you have to take all your cabin baggage with you but all you do is sit in the departure gate for an hour then get back on the aircraft into exactly the same seat again.

Reason for the trip is it's my 40th in mid September so would like to go out there for a couple of weeks and see some more of the stuff we didn't see last year. Having qualified for the BA companion voucher on my Amex card I was looking at using that but it means having to buy one ticket purely on Avios and there's almost no availability for a 2 week return flight on Avios around then, so was looking at what the options are for paying with cash if you go PE or Business. Given that BA aren't the cheapest and I only have experiece of BA, Qantas and Virgin I was just looking for some suggestions/recommendations from "regulars" on that route. The only reason for plumping for a direct flight was to try and reduce the journey time / maximise the time out there as I can only really go for 2 weeks this time.

Last edited by silverelise; 12th Feb 2013 at 08:33.