PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PAS Offer and FRI's?
View Single Post
Old 10th Feb 2013, 16:59
5 Forward 6 Back

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Regarding the NEM, someone (apologies, I forget who) posted here recently pointing out that the NEM isn't a single event that will irrevocably change everything. We won't go from the status quo to NEM on the stroke of midnight on one day. Rather, the NEM is a range of measures, incorporating Projects ZEUS, APOLLO and SIRIUS (I think), and then looking towards changes in things like accommodation policy etc etc.

So it's already here with the apparent introduction of main and executive stream roles for senior officers, and other changes to career "management."

As for FAPS, I thought the detail out there was pretty accessible. There are some questions to do with exactly how it integrates with your AFPS75/05 preserved rights for those of us with potentially 20+ years to serve, but in terms of working out how much of a pension I'll actually get I think it's all there in the DINs. Guys receiving PAS offers now are likely to be one of the few groups who could benefit from AFPS15 if I've done my maths right.