PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 type rating & 500 hours of Line training Rate of success??
Old 31st Jan 2013, 16:09
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cgwhitemonk11

First you get very heated and personal in your attack, you are 24, with relative little life / work experience, so wait!

What you know about my GA experience, I started flying and had my PPL before you was born!

I did loads of Club flying non logged for free!

I was offered to do skydiving in UK, the club wanted £5000 for the C208 training, which would be refunded after 12 months free work for them!

So I said no thanks, I will try different way!

My research was good, but even with 1500 hours on type, there are no golden gates that will open, one of the reasons are the P2F and schools like CTC cornering the market!

There is little will to stop P2F because TRI and SFI's making great money on people taking a TR without job offers, it's a vicious circle!

When I get my 1500 hours I will do it myself, get SFI and do it as extra work, why not?

The other thread did not have you as the target group, I could not just leave may family and go working for bananas and coconuts, as I don't have other people to help!

The clear message is, do P2F, and watch the job you wish for soon will not exist!
There are FO's and Captains with thousands of hours on type, working trough crappy TC's, not getting a job with a proper company!
The rot will stay longer than you expect, not everybody wants to move to China for this job!

Get a realistic view of what you are getting into, and stop destroying your own futures, if this what you want to do!

I think the main point is, that even with 500 hours on type, your chances are marginal to improve your chances of getting a job, as example in 3 months I will have 500 hours on type, and so on, but many others will have even much more, and keep building, so it leaves you with little hope of success, unless you stay working for very bad TC's! Which will not help yourself in the long run, specially considering the debts you will have to repay!

Last edited by truckflyer; 31st Jan 2013 at 18:06.