PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus 320 type rating & 500 hours of Line training Rate of success??
Old 30th Jan 2013, 19:54
cgwhitemonk11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My experience

I can tell you first hand that I decided against P2F and it has worked for me.

I made the very foolish mistake of paying for a rating years ago but when all my friends rushed off to buy 500 hrs on type (in most cases this takes more than a year so add your living costs on top of the initial outlay for the hours),
I however refused. Of them only a few got jobs and mostly in places they hate.

My road was much harder and involved taking risks and traveling across the world to build hours over a period of 2 years, holding down bar jobs as I went along.

Then I landed a skydive job back home, completed a season, learned how to actually fly an aircraft and what true decision making is, build some PIC time and managed not to kill anyone or myself.

I just got a job with a TP operator who is paying for my rating, and paying me a reasonable but not rich salary while i go to the gym and wait for the winds to die down... No bond either.

And truckflyer before you open your ignorant mouth I do have a family to support and am doing a damn fine job of it.

Also the poster above is correct, of the people who were hired alongside me most came from instructing or skydive backgrounds like myself. We wont get rich here, but we will have fun and when I make it to a major airline in a few years I will just shake my head at the P2F guys.