PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL - just about to start
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2013, 13:04
dreamer84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The biggest mistake I made was not flying regularly enough; In my opinion it's way more efficient to do your flying in solid blocks. Even if you can't get time off work, save enough $$$ to do say 3 or 4 x 1 hour lessons over a weekend rather than 1 hour every week.

Pick an instructor who cares about you and not just their own hour building. It's usually easy to tell them apart. Don't be afraid, like I was, to make demands. After all, you're paying good money for a service and you deserve to get what you pay for. It so often works the other way, so make sure you are happy with a particular instructor/aircraft before you progress too far. If a school isn't willing to comply with your requests its usually a solid indication that you're at the wrong place.

Keep up with the theoretical side; Some of what you study may seem a little deep at the beginning but learning the theory will really help the practical side click.

Try and wangle a tower visit at YPJT - your instructor should be able to tee that up...i think.

Most of all - enjoy it. .