PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BIRMINGHAM - 6
Thread: BIRMINGHAM - 6
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2013, 21:17
GayFriendly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry, but 11 posts in and we're back on the same treadmill of spotterish wishlists of routes and carriers that in the current economic climate stand some between little and absolutely no chance whatsoever of coming to fruition.
Well said that man!! BHX, for the foreseeable future at least will only ever be home to a few niche long haul services, primarily because it is stuck between LHR and MAN and does not appear to be able to attract sufficient and more importantly consistent demand to fill the front end with high yielding F & J class travellers - if EK can't do it I doubt anyone else can right now. So get over it and if you are that desperate to see a QR 330 or a flight to YYZ or ORD there are plenty of them down at LHR to go gawp at.

Back to the real world and summer '13 is shaping up quite well on the scheduled side after a slow start, with a couple of legacy carriers cautiously upping capacity. Here's a review to summarise recent news.

AF are going to start using 321's on certain rotations
LX mainline equipment reappears on the morning rotation (sadly it does not seem the midday flight is going to come back)
SK up to 6 a week on ARN and introducing 320 on morning CPH rotations in May
ZB new routes to GIB, SPU and BOD plus continuation of FNC, SSH. MUC it seems is going
BE re-introducing French summer routes BES, LRH, EGC, PGF and AVN(reduced frequency on most routes though compared to 2012)
BE to LYS
BM new base and flights to GOT, TLS and LYS - who will win, BM or BE?
FR to PGF - at the expense of BUD?
SN I heard was back to all AR1 ops at one stage but think this has changed again with VO DH8 still being used on some rotations, need to check
EZY continuing with BFS - it would be so nice to see some more of these guys, good to see they have a sales desk now and is it me or their check in area looks very big for a max of four flights a day, here's hoping.....

I would imagine BHX will start to see at some point in the year the new LH loco taking over TXL and DUS although it all seems to have gone quiet on that front. Perhaps that will be 2014?

I can't think of any other major new route announcements at this stage (or even any rumoured) but you never know.....