PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Berlin to cut 900 jobs
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2013, 08:46
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
15 Years later

Better late then never.... LH expands GW to counteract No-frills rivals.

15 years ago LH was selling "B"īs from the failed Modiluft joint venture to RYR. Thoughts where who wantīs to fly that cheap ?

Falling solid and real employment within the Country forces the distinguished Customer to re-think his travel needs. Not too many First-Class of Business Class Travelers are willing to pay for nothing more then a seat and a snack. Coach is enough for up to two hours range.

Downside: Some early responses are not that good, if I buy LH I want to fly LH and not GW. Drives some customers in the corner of the competetor.

I am sure in FRA are some educated people who will ignore that fact and theire findings in the research is diffrent: People will pay alot and get less as long as the name LH-Group is painted on the body. Time will tell. Business is too fragile.

In many Companies you can see a trend these days: Some carreer eager pimps want the fast track up and implement changes that are not allways for the best of the Company. After the error surfaces the "guilty" Guy cannot be held responsible anymore as he followed the call of his carreer and left the organisation for some greener pastures. His pockets get filled and his carreer another boost. Who cares about yesterday?