PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL groundschool on your own
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2013, 11:08
Grob Queen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Red Bull,

I am a student too and have passed three of my exams by studying on my own in the following way:
  • This is controversial I know, but for me, leaving all the ground study until nearing the end of flying training is working best. I started background reading Air Law and of course the basics of principles during my early training.
  • I took my first exam - Met - (and passed) in September 2012 having been training since May 10. Leaving the exams until now means that I understand the thoeyr mnore and how it relates to flying. This is particulalry useful with Aircraft Tech which I am studying at the moment.
  • Planning study? Well, I study at weekends, evenings after work and lunchtimes. it really depends on how you want to use your time and what other pressures are on your time. I am lucky as I don't have any family so my own time is literally just that!
  • I took Met first as it was interesting and my FI suggested it, then Air Law to get it out of the way, then Comms as I love RT and now Aircraft tech which is my worst subject to get it out of the way.
But really, its up to you an how you work. best thing to do is to chat to your FI and see what they want you to do!

Whatever you do, good luck!
GQ