PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I need your advice regarding volunteering
Old 23rd Jan 2013, 13:15
Flyaways

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BackPacker
True. But you quit after a single shift, done on a day which was by no means a normal day. You didn't even give it a second chance. So you'll never know how it would've turned out.

Heck, I don't see anything that indicates you even talked it over with the manager. He might have given you a more realistic view of the job and the future.

I think that's what annoyed most of the posters on this thread. Not the fact that you made a decision one way or another, but the fact that you started whining about it so quickly, without giving it a few days/shifts to see how it would turn out.

It was certainly my reason for getting involved with this thread.
I talked it over with the manager of the flying school who told me it would be a range of jobs, from washing up to helping the maintenance guys or washing the planes. Then I talked to the restaurant manager who told me it was just going to be washing up, and occasionally there may be something other than washing up, but he didn't seem to certain. I asked if that would involved being out on the field or helping the maintenance guys and he said no, as the pilots know the most about the planes so they will be used if help is needed. The only time I would need to go in the maintenance area was if I was told to collect the cups.

Ok so the ideal solution would be to stick it out for a few days to give it ago. I could have done it but I'd be incredibly bored and hate the place- not a good thing to think if that's where I would have to take lessons! I've done it now, and I am happy with the decision. Nothing lost, nothing gained etc...

I think we can slowly start to end this thread now

Last edited by Flyaways; 23rd Jan 2013 at 13:15.